Saturday, September 15, 2007

Rocky Mountain High


We are camping at Fort Collins and spent the afternoon up at Estes Park and Rocky Mountain National Park. I have arrived, I got a National Parks Senior Pass which is a great deal for only $10 and never expires. I remember when my Dad got the pass and I thought he was so old. Many, many memories as this was my parents favorite spot and we spent a lot of time there as a family. Passed several spots where we had rented cabins and took a hike around Bear Lake. That's where this picture was taken with Hallett's Peak in the background.


It was a bit cloudy and the aspen are just starting to turn in the higher elevations.











Joy just had to stop to get a good picture of this "moose". If you think this is something besides a moose you are probably correct. It was a great day and we got to spend the last few hours shopping in Estes Park. It was very crowded and there was a crafts fair in the park so we didn't stay very long. Tomorrow after church in Fort Collins we move to Cherry Creek Campground in Denver. We hope to see a few friends and family and of course spend some time with Mom Anema.

No comments: